Instructor Bio – Frank McCarroll
Teaching Experience and Qualifications
Masters degree in Education
- Instructor of the Year 2013-2014 for The Institute for Effective Education
- 17 years of professional teaching experience
- Recipient of the Monbukagakusho Scholarship to study at Josai Kokusai University in Japan
- 3 years teaching experience at Hatoyama Senior High School in Saitama, Japan.
Martial Arts Degrees
- 4th degree black belt in Isshinryu Karate from Arcenio Advincula
- 2nd degree black belt in Shotokan Karate from Hidetaka Nishiyama
- 2nd degree black belt in Shorinji Kempo from Kenzoo Onogi of the World Shorinji Kempo Organization
- 1st degree black belt in Judo from Seichi Nakajima of the Kodokan Judo Association of Japan
- Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu from Alfredo Barum of the BJJ Revolution Team.
McCarroll’s goal for teaching martial arts:
To empower students with improved self-confidence, self-esteem and focus through enhanced cardiovascular fitness, coordination, flexibility, balance, strength, proficiency in self-defense, perseverance and achievement.
For more information about Karate for kids and adults in San Diego or to contact Sensei Frank McCarroll, email Practical Karate at email@example.com.