Fortnite is one of the most popular BattleRoyale game out there. It is a relatively new game but worked its way up to the BattleRoyale giant PUBG. It is a co-op survival game which is developed by Epic Games and was initially released in 2017. Voice chat not working in Fortnite? Don’t worry… Although it’s incredibly frustrating, you’re definitely not the only person to experience this problem. Breakonacloud Gaming Portal will help thousands of players which have recently reported the very same issue. More importantly, you should be able to fix it pretty easily.
Being able to communicate with your teammates is a vital part of playing any online game. If you're playing squad or duos in Fortnite, you've got to have a mic if you want to succeed. Unfortunately, there are some fairly common issues that can cause your mic to malfunction and take your voice out of the game. If you want to ensure that you stay as competitive as possible, you have to learn how to fix fortnite voice chat not working error as soon as they pop up. Fortunately, the vast majority of problems with your mic can be solved if you put in just a little bit of effort.
What causes the Voice Chat not to work in Fortnite?
If your voice chat isn’t working in Fortnite, it is probably the case that you haven’t selected the audio device properly. If you have, there might be other reasons as well. Some of the reasons why your voice chat in Fortnite might not work are but not limited to:
- Proper device not selected: If the proper audio device is not selected, Fortnite might not be inputting the voice from the correct hardware.
- Changes in the registry: Because of frequent bad updates of Fortnite, there are some issues with the registries. You might be required to change them in order to get the voice chat to work.
- Controller settings: If you are using a controller to play the game, a wrong mode might be selected (each controller tries to control the audio and analog settings).
- Before we move on to the solutions, make sure that you have an active internet connection and are logged in as an administrator on your account.
Before we start, make sure that Fortnite is updated to the latest build. Make sure that your audio is working perfectly on other applications etc.
- Sign Out and Sign In to Fortnite
This may sound absurd but it does work out sometimes. Even otherwise, it is going to take you just a few seconds, so what is the harm? It’s as simple as it sounds.
Sign out of your Fortnite account and then sign back in. Then just start a game and figure out if the voice chat has started working again like it used to. If not, move on to the next method and try your luck there.
- Install the Latest Fortnite Patch
In order to fix bugs and other problems, Fortnite frequently releases patches. It could be possible that the problem you are encountering is already solved in one of the patches released. It hence becomes vital to check if your Fortnite is completely up to date. To check this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Run the Epic Games Launcher
- Go to the left panel and click on Library.
- Go to the right and click on the gear button which would be present on the lower right corner of Fortnite.
- There would be a toggle beside the auto-update option.
- You must turn it on.
- This triggers the automatic download of a patch if, in case it is available.
- If the patch is downloaded, check if Fortnite voice chat is working.
- In all other cases, move on to method number 3!