Help Your Kids Enjoy the Summer, Kids Karate San Diego
Many parents are concerned about the nature of being a kid today. It seems that kids are so centered upon technology that every other aspect of life is ignored. News about cyber-bullying has permeated our society causing low self-esteem issues and side effects up to and including suicide. Kids karate in San Diego at Practical Karate gets kids out of the house, into an atmosphere that boosts self-esteem, enhances physical fitness, makes kids aware of others, and helps children to learn to focus on the important things in life.
The lead instructor at Practical Karate is Sensei Frank McCarroll. Mr. McCarroll provides a unique blend of formal education in Special Education and a complete and exhaustive physical experience in martial arts including all forms of Karate, Ju-Jitsu, and Judo. A third level black-belt, Frank received his Master of Science in Special Education in 2011 from National University. After receiving his degree, Frank started a karate program at The Institute for Effective Education (TIEE) of San Diego, a school that specializes in improving problem behaviors. The program was so successful that enrollment into the program has increased by over 300% in three years.
Still teaching the program at TIEE, Mr. McCarroll has moved into the private sector, accepting the role of Sensei at Practical Karate. Using his extensive martial-arts experience and coupling it with his Master’s degree in Special Education has given Frank a rare perspective on kids today. He approaches each student with an emphasis on the importance of an instructor being sincere, demanding, and consistent.
Under the tutelage of Mr. McCarroll students learn discipline, respect, and the value of perseverance along with value lessons to improve self-esteem, concentration, behavior, self-control, and social skills while increasing strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and cardiovascular fitness. All this reduces aggression, anxiety, and stress in a fun environment that motivates students to exercise, learn, and achieve goals. Through these teachings, kids karate in San Diego at Practical Karate helps to enable children to focus, study and excel in school as well as in the community. It is one thing to be bullied on cyberspace. It something quite different to be able to stand up to such bullying simply because of your confidence in yourself.
Such values cannot be self-taught. Kids need a leader. So, get their noses out of their phones or other devices and get them down to see Frank at Practical Karate. You will see the difference within a matter of days.
- Article was written by Frank McCarroll at Practical Karate
The Advantages Provided by Karate for Kids in San Diego
There are many benefits a child experiences from training in the martial arts. They are valuable skills that can be applied to other parts of a child's life. In order to advance in karate, a child must focus on what is being said to them. Listening to instructions is essential. Karate requires children to commit to a goal, and then work to achieve it. Learning the martial arts is a physical activity. Kids who may not be interested in other types of sports, find karate a lot of fun. Karate for kids in San Diego can provide a child all these benefits and more. For more information on kids karate in San Diego, contact Practical Karate and sensei Frank McCarroll.
Children who experience martial arts training at Practical Karate, are trained by experienced and knowledgeable instructors. The facility is easy to find. It's located in the city of San Diego. Group classes are offered. Private sessions are available for entire families or private groups. It's possible for children to participate in martial arts training with a specific group of friends.
Sensei Frank McCarroll
Sensei McCarroll has obtained the rank of 3rd Dan or 3rd degree black belt. He lived in Japan for four years after being awarded a scholarship to Josai International University. During this time, he studied Judo and Shorinji Kempo martial arts. He earned a 2nd degree black belt from the Japan Shorinji Kempo Association. The Kodokan Judo Association awarded him a 1st degree black belt. Upon returning to San Diego from Japan, he earned a 2nd degree blackbelt in Shotokan Karate.
Classes begin and end with meditation and a bow to the teacher. A child will learn proper martial arts form and movements. Technique will be developed through learning repetitive actions. The different katas will be learned. These are a series of martial arts movements. They will help a child develop skills in using their hands and feet, as well as the rest of their body. Each level of martial arts has its own kata routine. All proper work-out techniques are observed before and after a training class.
Martial arts training has helped many children improve themselves. The self esteem of children improves. As they develop their martial arts skills their confidence also grows. This type of training also helps children develop better socialization skills. They are spending time with other children who have similar interests. It also promotes nonviolent conflict resolution. Children see that aggressive behavior invites discipline. Karate for kids in San Diego is able to help children grow and improve in many ways.
For more information on Kids Karate in San Diego as well as Self Defense for Kids contact Sensei Frank McCarroll email@example.com.
- Article was written by Frank McCarroll at Practical Karate
Kids Karate Lessons with Practical Karate in San Diego, CaWhile the martial arts films created by Hollywood depict martial arts in a way that seems to condone and even encourage violence, this couldn't be further from the true teachings of the martial arts way. In fact, martial arts promotes a strong sense of discipline and self-control in children from all walks of life today. This is why many parents use Karate lessons for kids to help instill in their own children these very valuable character traits. There are a number of reasons as to why Karate lessons for kids should be used in training kids today and they include:
- An Increased Self-Discipline – This is something that most children fall incredibly short in these days, but this can easily be changed when utilizing the teachings of a martial arts program. The foundation of all forms of martial arts is a total focus on self-discipline and Karate is no different. In a time when children are led to believe that instant gratification is the norm, martial arts teachings can provide a very healthy alternative.
- Greater Socialization Skills – Martial arts programs, like Karate, provide children who experience difficulties in the area of making new friends with a healthy environment to enhance their socialization skills in. Typical environments, such as the playground at school, are filled with individual children with different objectives and goals, but the atmosphere at a Karate class is one of common goals and shared pursuits. This is why martial arts programs work miracles in the area of building a child's socialization skills.
- An Increased Self-Esteem – A child's confidence level is greatly affected by their surroundings as well as the activities that they participate in. This directly influences their level of self-esteem which is also why martial arts is the perfect tool for building up the self-esteem in children from all walks of life. As a child masters new Karate moves, and moves up in the ranks of the different belt colors, he/she will experience a boost in confidence that can be worth more than anything else that can affect a child's self-esteem levels.
- An Improved Ability To Listen – This is a very important skill that children must learn to develop over time. If it has not been taught prior to beginning a martial arts program, it will surely be taught during the program. The only way that a child will be able to move up in the ranks is by closely following the instructions given by those leading the program. Listening will quickly become second nature simply by enrolling your child in Karate lessons for kids.